My name is Stavros Mitchelides, and I’m an American entrepreneur who has efficiently planned my life from the time that I was a teenager to enable me to work less, and explore more. I spend most of my time exploring and photographing the world with like-minded people who value living life differently. One of my passions is educating humans about the importance of living in harmony with nature, rather than destroying and exploiting it. I do my best to achieve that through my photography and social media.
Currently, I am on an indefinite road trip around the United States and Canada to photograph the National Parks, and remote wilderness areas, and to meet like-minded people along the way. You can follow my adventures on Facebook and Instagram.
I grew up in, the state of Vermont in the northeastern United States. When I was a kid, my mom gave me total freedom to explore the natural areas around our home, which I took total advantage of (for better or for worse). I very quickly became an amateur naturalist; observing & identifying wildlife, identifying plants, rescuing injured animals, and voraciously learning about the natural world by immersing myself in it. I got myself into some pretty compromising situations, some life-threatening, but it was the most formative time of my life, and my passion for preserving wilderness and protecting wildlife continues to this day (as does getting myself into compromising situations). I have an insatiable desire to learn as much as I can about the natural world, and to teach others about everything that I discover along the way.
When I was 10 years old, I was given a Pentax K1000 35mm Film Camera by my grandfather’s cousin, and his amazing gift forever changed my life. My passion for the natural world was now something that I could share with everyone; through photos. I’ve been exploring, and shooting, ever since.
One of my goals is to inspire you to live life while you still have the time and while you still have your health. If you have adventures in your mind, don’t wait; go live them. If you have places that you want to explore; get out there!
- The thought that most people work 50 weeks a year just to be able to go on a 2 week vacation makes me remarkably sad.
- The reality that most people in this world grow up with incredible passions, and amazing dreams; only to never live those dreams, makes me remarkably sad.
- We all should do everything in our power to live the life we dreamed about as children; life is short, and you only get one shot at it!
I hope impress upon people the importance of protecting the planet; it’s critical to the future of all life on Earth. Humans have aggressively overwhelmed every corner of this unbelievably precious planet, have devoured its resources, have destroyed most of its wildlife, and have eradicated most of its natural wilderness. The planet belongs equally to every species that lives on it, and humans treat it as if nothing matters except humanity; which is not only intensely disturbing, it’s self-defeating.
I’m a photographer, hiker, backpacker, explorer, bicyclist, long boarder, inline skater, climber, adrenaline junky, snorkeler, SCUBA diver, wanderer, naturalist, foodie, history buff, athlete, and bon vivant. I hope to meet people who love to explore as much as I do, so if this resonates with you, please feel free to reach out to me, or follow me on social media!
I’m a serial entrepreneur who’s been hustling since age 19 to be able to never once have a job working for someone else. Over the past 2 decades I’ve done quite a lot, and I have started many seemingly random businesses. I’ve owned a record store. I’ve owned a sandwich shop. I’ve been a professional DJ. I’ve owned multiple online stores. I was a music promoter. I owned a web design company. The list goes on…
Currently, I’m an outdoor adventure photographer, a licensed Miami Beach Realtor, a stock investor, a real estate investor, a website developer, and an online marketing & advertising expert. I have spent the last 20 years using online marketing to create a life where I don’t have to work for anyone else. I’m an efficiency expert which allows me to do almost everything in life, including traveling, for a fraction of what the average person would pay; which enables me to do a lot more with my life, for a lot less. As a business consultant who is extremely proud to say that I help all of my clients to gain exposure, gain customers, and increase profits through SEO, advertising, marketing, and efficiency.
A few of my travel goals:
- Visit the origin of my father’s family in Kerasounta, Turkey (Giresun)
- Visit all 197 UNESCO World Heritage Natural Sites, all 31 UNESCO World Heritage Mixed Sites (and MANY of the UNESCO cultural sites)
- Visit all 75 National Audubon Society Sanctuaries
- Visit all 7 New Wonders of the World
- Visit Emperor Qin’s Terra Cotta Army
- Visit Angkor Wat
- Visit all 59 USA National Parks [Currently on this trip!]
- Visit every Nature Conservancy site
- Climb all of the Seven Summits
- Climb Huayna Picchu, Peru [Completed May 2014!]
- Climb Mount Hua Shan, China
- Hike all of the following trails:
The Appalachian Trail, USA
The Continental Divide, USA
The Pacific Crest Trail, USA
The Grand Canyon, USA
Bryce and Zion, Utah, USA
Torres del Paine, Chile
The Inca Trail, Peru [Completed May 2014!]
The Lost City Trek, Colombia
The Snowman Trek, Bhutan
The Kokoda Track, Papua New Guinea
The Drakensberg Traverse, South Africa
The Kalalau Trail, Na Pali Coast, Hawaii
El Caminito del Rey, Spain
Maroon Bells South Ridge, Colorado
The Mist Trail, California
The Bright Angel Trail, Arizona
The Devil’s Path, New York
Pacaya Volcano, Guatemala
- Go to Outer Space
- See the oldest living things on earth
- Discover a new Inca ruin or Inca trail in Peru
- Discover a new species and name it
- Visit Masaya Volcano in Nicaragua
- Visit Meadowcroft Rock Shelter in Avella, Pennsylvania
- Find the World’s oldest living tree in the White Mountains of California
- Visit Goreme National Park in Turkey
- Visit Santorini, Greece
- Visit Socotra Island, Aden, Yemen
- Visit Iguazu Falls, Brazil
- Visit Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina
- Explore the Na Pali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii, USA
- Visit the Bamboo Forest in Maui, Hawaii, USA
- Visit Nahanni National Park
- Visit Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Wales
- Visit Volklingen Ironworks
- Visit Zhangjiajie National Park in China